Followers

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Laneige Natural Beauty Makeup Tutorial

Hello everyone!  A few days ago I was waiting for my food to be cooked at a Chinese takeout so I decided to look through a few beauty magazines that the restaurant had.  I was flipping though pages until I saw an ad for Laneige and I caught myself admiring the model.  Her makeup was simple and flawless yet sophisticated.  Inspired by the ad I decided to create a makeup tutorial based off of the beautiful models in the Laneige beauty products ads.





Products Used in this Tutorial:
Clinique concealer in 05 Medium Beige
bare Minerals foundation powder in Summer Bisque
Ulta eyeshadow kit (peach eyeshadow)
Victoria's Secret eyeshadow in Gaudy
L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion mascara
Ulta blush in Warmth
Victoria's Secret lipgloss in Toy

The key thing in this tutorial is to have a very moisturized, cleansed face.  This makes a difference in how well your makeup will be applied since it is your canvas.  First step is to wash your face with a good cleanser to remove any dead, flaking skin, dirt and oil on your face and in your pores.  Rinse your face thoroughly and pat it dry with a towel.  Use a moisturizer to hydrate your skin and give it a couple of minutes for it to be absorbed into your skin.  Be sure to tidy up your brows beforehand.  You won't need to fill them in since we're going for a natural look. 

Now with concealer, apply to your dark spots and shadows under the eyes as well as around the corners of your mouth and nose.  Use a liquid or powdered foundation to set your face ready for eyeshadow and blush.  With a matte tan/peach color apply it on your eyes to brighten your eyes.  Blend it out to soften the color.  Use a light golden eyeshadow and apply to the inner corners of your eyes to make them look more awake. No eyeliner is necessary so we're going to skip that part and move on to mascara.  To really achieve that natural look, go for a brown mascara.  I currently don't have any so I just used a black one instead.  The difference is that your lashes will look darker than usual but other than that it'll be prefectly fine.  Take a peach colored blush and apply to the apples of your cheeks.  Finally take a pink lipgloss and apply to your lips.  Now you're finished. :)

So here is the final look:








 
This look is perfect for those who are beginning to wear makeup or who just want a simple look to wear everyday.  It's not about hiding your flaws but more about enhancing your features such as your eyes, mouth, and skin and bringing out your natural beauty. 


Wardrobe Used in This Tutorial:
Shirt from New York & Company
Shorts from Forever 21
Shoes from Payless
Earrings from Forever 21
Watch is a gift from Australia :)

I didn't realize until after doing this tutorial that my wardrobe is similar to that of the girls in SNSD in this picture :)


I hope you all enjoy trying this look out and be sure to stay tuned for my next post.  Until next time!

P.S. I also want to apologize for the view of the photos in my tutorials.  Trust me, the pigments of the eyeshadows I use are much more vibrant than those in the photos.  It's very hard to get good lighting with the camera that I'm currently using but hopefully they'll get better once the sun comes  out more :)

4 comments:

  1. I love the model of Laniege.. She's soo pretty~

    Thanks for the tute~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great everyday look, very natural and not over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the model is gorgeous i've seen her in many korean adds and btw great look you look nice all natural :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tutorial and post! I am so envious of how flawless the skincare models always look in the ads. They look like they don't have any makeup on at all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...