Followers

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My Daily Skin Regime

Hey everyone!  Ugh the weather sucks today.  It's in the 70's yet it's all cloudy and raining.  Not a good way to start the day. 



Currently on campus waiting for my next class but in the meantime I thought it'd be cool to write a blog about my skin regime.  Right now I've been trying to take care of my skin due to a date auction that is coming up next monday and I'm in the bid line (my skin has been breaking out due to stress from college).  Anyway I've been drinking at least 4-5 glasses a water a day (plus I take a bottle or two of water since I commute from home and I'm on campus most of the day), getting at least 8 hours of sleep, cutting down on food containing sodium (sorry ramen :*( ), and I've been tryinig to get some exercise into my daily routine.  Although water, food intake, and exercise are good for your health and body,  it's good to invest in a good facial cleanser and moisturizer.

For me,  I use Philosophy's Purity Made Simple one-step facial cleanser.



 It's a thick yet very creamy cleanser that washes the impurities off your face and leaves your skin irresistably soft and smooth. It doesn't leave any harsh residues, takes off the makeup off your face and thoroughly hydrates your skin. This product was on my Christmas list last year since I've heard nothing but great remarks on this cleanser and I finally got my hands on it!  ^-^ haha Anyways my skin has always been dry especially when it comes to the winter time but I've been using it for a month now and I can really feel the difference.  It contains no weird fragrance and it doesn't dry out your skin.  Purely refreshing. :)

Another key item in my skin regime is the Clarisonic Mia.



Even though it's the travel size version of the real Clarisonic brush,  I like using the mini one on my face.  I just apply a small amount of my cleanser onto the brush, add a bit of water, and I have the perfect mini spa facial treatment.  It even comes with three mini cleansers (for dry, oily, and sensitive skin) for you to try.  It's a great gift for the holidays and it comes in an assortment of colors to choose from.



I got the light blue one as an early birthday present last year and my sister got the purple one for Christmas.


Lastly, I use the Philosophy Hope in a Jar moisturizer to finish my daily skin regime.


This moisturizer is very creamy, absorbs quickly, and is full of antioxidants to reduce free racial damage.  It's for all skin types and gently exfoliates the skin to give it a rosy, glowing complexion.  This product was acutally on Oprah's Ultimate Favorite Things 2010 (my mom watches the show and actually got me to try this product out).  I absolutely love this moisturizer and lasts for a couple of months (I actually need to get another jar asap haha).

Having a daily skin regime is a great way to keep your skin looking smooth, soft, and young.  A majority of us don't realize how important it is to take care of our skin because we take it for granted at times.   Remember you are never too young or too old to take care of your skin and the sooner you do the better.  Trust me, your skin will thank you for it. :)




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...